PLANTS FIRST! FARM NOT PHARMA
WE FOCUS ON PLANTS FIRST. THIS IS WHAT DISTINGUISHES US IN TERMS OF VALUE FROM BIG PHARMA.
- NATURE: Considering ethnobotanical plants and fungi in the broader context; whereas “medicine” was once Hippocratic, today it is corporate/government. Whereas plants were once freely growing gifts for all, today they are prisoners of war. Whereas people were once unaware of ethnobotanicals, today many are becoming intelligent about them in increasing numbers.
- MONO-PHARMING: What are the results of the attempt to impose standardization and homogenization of mind and body functionality upon us? We see what happens when Big Agriculture devolves into mono-cropping (pesticides, superbugs, failed crops). How can we restore individuality to our health care, maximizing vitality & aliveness, relegating Mono-Pharming to the past?
- MEDICINAL FOOTPRINT: What is the environmental cost of your current health care options? Could ethnobotanical medicinals lower your carbon footprint and bring greater alignment between your health and a sustainable ecosystem? How can we shift our Medicinal Footprint with ethnobotanical plants and fungi?
- MENTAL HEALTH COMMONS: Is our health bought and sold like a piece of retail property? Traded on the stock market in the form of pills and dollars? Has our health been commodified like a resource to ensure long-term financial gains by pharmaceutical corporations? How can we restore our Mental Health Commons to us, the people?
- GRASSROOTS: Is it true that 80% of current pharmaceuticals derive from naturally occurring, non-patentable, ethnobotanical plants/fungi and plant/fungi-inspired derivatives? How can we create a map back to Nature, through the patents, the lawsuits, and the maintenance “medicines” Big Pharma has extracted from the grassroots?
- ETHNOBOTANICAL ADVOCATES: Who among us has decided to take a stand, on behalf of our communities’ health and well being? Is there a local, non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the civil rights of our community in their health and wellness choices? The Edelic Center for Ethnobotanical Services is your locally-based Ethnobotanical Advocate.