PLANTS FIRST! FARM NOT PHARMA
WE FOCUS ON PLANTS FIRST. THIS IS WHAT DISTINGUISHES US IN TERMS OF VALUE FROM BIG PHARMA.
- MONO-PHARMING: What are the results of the attempt to impose standardization and homogenization of mind and body functionality upon us? We see what happens when Big Agriculture devolves into mono-cropping (pesticides, superbugs, failed crops). How can we restore individuality to our health care, maximizing vitality and aliveness, relegating Mono-Pharming to the past?
- MEDICINAL FOOTPRINT: What is the environmental cost of your current health care options? Could ethnobotanical medicine lower your carbon-footprint and bring greater alignment between your health and a sustainable ecosystem? How can we shift our Medicinal Footprint with ethnobotanical plants?
- MENTAL HEALTH COMMONS: Is our health bought and sold like a piece of retail property? traded on the stock market in the form of pills and dollars? Has our health been commodified like a resource to ensure long-term financial gains by pharmaceutical corporations? How can we restore our Mental Health Commons to us, the people?
- GRASSROOTS: What is the real source of 80% of modern medicine? Is it true that 80% of current pharmaceuticals derive from naturally occurring, non-patentable, ethnobotanical plants and plant-inspired derivatives? How can we create a map back to Nature, through the patents, the lawsuits, and the maintenance “medicines” big Pharma has extracted from the Grass-roots?
- ETHNOBOTANICAL ADVOCATES: Who among us has decided to take a stand, on behalf of our communities’ health and well being? Is there a local, non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the civil rights of our community in their health and wellness choices? The Eugene Center for Ethnobotanical Studies is your locally-based Ethnobotanical Advocate.