The prohibition of psychedelics… [hinders] the evolution of humanity
At the outset of the study, 27 professionals from various fields were given three tests which objectively measure creativity … Several days later they took the tests again. Except this time they were under the influence of 200mgs of mescaline. Their scores improved dramatically … Creativity drives societal and technological progress. Psychedelics markedly increase creativity. …Prohibition, therefore, [hinders] the evolution of humanity.
The researchers had instructed the participants to select one or more problems related to their work which was in need of a creative solution. Many of these problems the subjects had been working on for weeks or months to no avail. After the creativity tests, they were given three to four hours to work on these problems. The results were astounding. The participants made significant headway on thirty-nine of the forty-four problems they brought to the session. And they weren’t deluding themselves; their solutions received external validation.
*Demonstrated impacts of mescaline 200mgs human activity/ability with regards to creativity in a controlled set, setting, context.
1) Low inhibition and anxiety
2) Capacity to structure problems in a larger context
3 ) High fluency and flexibility of ideation
4) High capacity for visual imagery and fantasy
5) High ability to concentrate
6) High empathy with external processes and objects
7) High empathy with people
8) Accessibility of unconscious resources
9) Ability to associate seemingly dissimilar elements in meaningful ways
10) High motivation to obtain closure; an appetite for elegance
11) Capacity to visualize the completed solution in its entirety
Original Article (Steemit):
The Prohibition of Psychedelics …[Hinders] the Evolution of Humanity
Artwork Fair Use by: By United States Environmental Protection Agency 2016